Run to Remember
If you want to raise money in memory of a loved one during your next race, consider a Run to Remember®.
There is no one single “Run to Remember.” You can select any race you want (hometown marathon, big race in another city, or maybe even just a 5K or 10K to get started). That becomes your personal “Run to Remember.” You can even do multiple events in a year.
By using the Run to Remember website, you'll have an individual fundraising web page as well as full online training and fundraising support. You will also receive a RTR running shirt customized with the name of your loved one(s) on it. Past RTR participants have said this makes their race day extremely special.
Your Run to Remember does not have to be a competitive race. Walkers are welcome. Recreational and experienced athletes can all participate. What draws everyone together is a passion for hospice and a commitment to embark on a physical challenge while raising crucial funds.
Start Your Own Run to Remember in Six Easy Steps
1. Register for the race of your choice, half-marathon, 10K, 5K, or any other distance.
2. Then, register for free at runtoremember.org
3. Customize the resulting web page so your friends and family can donate to support you.
4. Designate Hope Hospice to receive 50% of the net proceeds.
The other 50% supports the National Hospice Foundation’s work.
5. Use the training tools available through Run to Remember to prepare for the event.
6. Wear your personalized Run to Remember shirt proudly on race day. It will have your loved one’s name silk-screened on the back.
If you have questions on doing a Run to Remember, please contact Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-271-7465.